Equine Sports Massage is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body and enables the whole body to function efficiently whilst giving the best protection from injuries give prevention before complicated problems arise.
There are many types of professional massage techniques used, combining classical Swedish style with trigger points, compression and friction techniques to reduce soreness.
Animals enjoyed being touched, massage increases an emotional bond, this will encourage relaxation and trust.
will look at the whole picture when assessing the horse
• Confirmation – is the horse close behind, uneven foot balance, muscle development, long backed.
• Saddle fit – too big, small, does the rider fit the saddle, pinching
• Breed – does the breed have a specific way of going.
• Rider – the centre of balance
• What work does the horse participate in .
© 2004 Sam Richardson.
All rights Reserved.
for the Equine Athlete